Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ode to an old friend and other musing

We've been on many adventures, you and I.
We've seen many cities, many countries.
Sometimes we were welcomed, sometimes on the run.
We've heard many great speeches.
We're seen many great acts.
You've been there when I laughed.
You've been there when I cried.
You didn't judge when I fell for the wrong girl every time.
With you, I've struggled with the great questions.
With you, I've struggled with the great answers.
I didn't get jealous when someone else sat on your lap.
You didn't get jealous when someone else sat in mine.
Bye-bye reading chair.


----------------------------------------------

Oh hey there sixth-form poetry, what's up?

This is the best I can do after the intense workathon I've been living lately.  Is there an end in sight?  Only if I'm lucky.

So how's 2013 going?  15 days in and I've only watched 3 films.  Shocking huh?  So I'm going to rectify that by going upstairs and watching Annie Hall.

Currently reading Pushkin's the Captain's Daughter.  Next up?  Maybe some Tennyson.  Maybe some Huck Finn.

Climbing tomorrow.  Let's get some arms and abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment